Coffee, wine, cheese, beer and chocolate pairings can heighten your flavor experience! We’ve created an easy chocolate food pairing and beverage pairing guide for you to explore.
Chocolate Charcuterie Serving & Pairing Suggestions
We suggest serving our rich, textured sliceable chocolate charcuterie with french bread or toasts, pizzelles, fresh and dried fruits, shortbread cookies, salty crackers, sweet & crisp olive oil tortas, fresh unsweetened whipped cream, artisan cheeses & sliced cured meats, or whatever your heart desires. Here are some pairing and serving suggestions we especially like:
- cheeses: blue cheeses, washed rind cheeses, aged and smoked cheddars
Bayley Hazen Blue, Von Trapp Oma, Grafton Village Cheese smoked maple cheddar
- fruits & nuts: dried and fresh figs, fresh & dried apples & pears, roasted almonds and hazelnuts
- spirits: madeira, marsala wine, sherry, port, porter, crabapple hard ciders, sour Belgian ales
Whetstone Ciderworks Hewes Virginia Crab, Honest Weight Artisan Beer‘s Sunk Pond, Hermit Thrush Brewery‘s Scott Farm Centennial
- cheeses: soft goat cheeses, young soft cheese like a fromage blanc, greek style yogurt spiced with honey and orange water, or with cinnamon and black pepper
Vermont Creamery chèvre, semi-aged Crottina from Blue Ledge Farm, Spoonwood Cabin Creamery fromage blanc
- fruits & nuts: citrus or apricot preserves, spiced stone fruit jams, dates, pistachios and almonds
Sidehill Farm apricot orange marmalade and spiced peach jams, Blake Hill Preserves Moroccan plum and fennel chutney
- spirits: African chenin blancs, red zinfandel or syrah, Vermont meads, rich pear ciders, saisons
Putney Mountain Winery‘s Simply Ginger liqueur, Whetstone Ciderworks Perry, Honest Weight Artisan Beer‘s Grisette
Our pâté chocolats are sliceable when served cool, or spreadable when they reach room temperature. Spread on toasts, thinly sliced baguette, water crackers, cookies, or other biscuits.
Place a thick slice on warm toasted bread, pancakes, french toast and waffles for a divine, melty treat!
To serve as individual desserts, float a couple of thick slices on a pool of berry coulis, a sweetened red wine reduction or créme anglaise, and serve with fresh fruits and unsweetened freshly whipped cream. See our recipe for a fresh berry-port reduction here, and our recipe for grilled chocolate pâté toasts here
- cheeses: soft goat cheeses, fresh whipped cream, heavy cream whipped with honey
Vermont Creamery chévre, Butterworks Farmheavy cream whipped
- fruits: summer berries like strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and red cherries, cranberry preserves
- spirits: port, sherry, sparkling wines like champagne, cava, prosecco, fruit wines, fruity rosés, lambrusco, lambics, sour belgian beers
Whetstone Ciderworks Methode Champenoise, Hermit Thrush Brewery‘s Rowdy Monk, Boyden Valley Winery Vermont Ice Red, Putney Mountain Winery‘s Cassis & fruit wines
- pro tip: make a delicious VT Royale with your choice of sparkling wine & a splash of Putney Winery’s Cassis or a Grande Hibiscus Royale with sparkling wine & Runamok Maple‘s Hibiscus Infused Maple Syrup.
- cheeses: créme fraîche, fresh whipped cream, heavy cream whipped with a splash of maple bourbon
Vermont Creamery créme fraîche, Butterworks Farm heavy cream whipped
- fruits & nuts: dried apricots, figs, plums, marrons glacées and roasted nuts, pears, cherries
- spirits: bourbon, stouts, porters, pommeau, coffee liqueur
Putney Mountain Winery‘s Pommeau, Honest Weight Artisan Beer‘s Tom Swamp Road, Saxtons River Distillery‘s Sapling Maple Bourbon
- cheeses: fromage blanc, fresh whipped cream, heavy cream whipped with a splash of bourbon & maple syrup
Spoonwood Cabin Creamery fromage blanc, Butterworks Farm heavy cream whipped
- fruits & nuts: dried & fresh cherries, plums, red & green grapes
- spirits: port, sherry, madeira, chianti/sangiovese, ice wines & ciders, riesling, sparkling wines, wheat beer
Fiddlehead Brewing Witbier & Hef-You, Eden Specialty Ciders ice ciders, La Garagista Bouleverser Cidre Mousseux & Cybele Champagne-method sparkling white
- cheeses: blue cheese, gorgonzola, roquefort, danablu, cabrales, blue stilton
Jasper Hill Farm Bayley Hazen Blue
- fruits & nuts: crisp, tart apples, figs, pecans
- spirits: port, sherry, sauternes, Pouilly-Fuissé, sweet & off-dry rieslings, hard apple ciders, Imperial Stout, Chocolate Stout, American IPAs
Whetstone Ciderworks Queen, Barnyard Blend
Chocolate Bar Pairings
Chocolate Bar Serving Suggestions
- Try our chocolate bars on a s’more with a housemade flavored marshmallow for a delicious gourmet spin on a classic.
- Break up a bar and serve on top of your favorite ice cream. Explore different flavor combinations!
- Melt a bar on a baguette and sprinkle with a pinch of coarse sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Heavenly.
- chop up a bar and substitute for chocolate chips in your favorite cookie recipe for a flavorful twist.
- serve a variety of bars with different nuts, fruits and cheeses. Check out our drink pairing suggestions below!
Chocolate Bar and Wine & Spirits pairing
Wines, in general:
- Dark chocolates pair wildly well with port, madeira, sherry, cassis, fruit wines, and sparkling wines like champagne, cava and prosecco, as well as full-bodied red wines
- White chocolate is splendid with ice wine, hard apple ciders and sparkling rosés
- Milk chocolate is heavenly with moscato/muscat, riesling and crisp sparkling wines
Try these pairings:
- Fireside Bar Frangelico, stout, chocolate stout
- Roasters Bar bourbon, whiskey, coffee & whiskey drinks
- Midsummer Night Bar bourbon, a Manhattan
- Botanical Bar Lillet, champagne
- Blue Lemon Bar cabernet, gin & tonic, Putney Winery’s Simply Blueberry wine
- Maple Nugget Bar maple bourbon, Putney Mountain Winery’s Apple Maple wine, hard apple cider
- Rouge Bar port, sherry, madeira, cassis, Putney Winery’s Rhubarb Blush wine
- Summer Berry Eden Ice Ciders, Putney Winery’s Cassis, a Kir Royale
Rouge raspberry, pink peppercorn, hibiscus & dark chocolate bar
- Cheese: Smoked Chili Cheddar
- Beer: fruit lambic, pilsner, belgian style
- Wine: sparkling rosé, port, fruity cabernet
Nibby Milk dark milk chocolate, cacao nibs, black lava salt
- Cheese: Truffle Cheddar
- Beer: brown ale, saison, oatmeal stout
Roasters dark chocolate, locally roasted coffee bean, hazelnut & sea salt bar
- Cheese: Maple Smoked Cheddar
- Beer: stout or porter
- Beverages: coffee & espresso drinks, coffee liqueur
Blue Lemon dark chocolate, dried blueberry & house-candied lemon bar
- Cheese: 2 Year Aged Cheddar
- Beer: IPA, Sour beer, hard cider
- Wine: port, madeira, sherry