Coffee, wine, cheese, beer and chocolate pairings can heighten your flavor experience! We’ve created an easy chocolate food pairing and beverage pairing guide for you to explore.
Chocolate Charcuterie Serving & Pairing Suggestions
We suggest serving our rich, textured sliceable chocolate charcuterie with french bread or toasts, pizzelles, fresh and dried fruits, shortbread cookies, salty crackers, sweet & crisp olive oil tortas, fresh unsweetened whipped cream, artisan cheeses & sliced cured meats, or whatever your heart desires. Here are some pairing and serving suggestions we especially like:
- cheeses: blue cheeses, washed rind cheeses, aged and smoked cheddars
Parish Hill Creamery West West Blue & Vermont Herdsman, Von Trapp Oma, Grafton Village Cheese smoked maple cheddar
- fruits & nuts: dried and fresh figs, fresh & dried apples & pears, roasted almonds and hazelnuts
- cured meats: salami/salumi, prosciutto
Vermont Salumi, Von Trapp Salami
- spirits: madeira, marsala wine, sherry, port, porter, crabapple hard ciders, sour Belgian ales
Whetstone Ciderworks Hewes Virginia Crab, Honest Weight Artisan Beer‘s Sunk Pond, Hermit Thrush Brewery‘s Scott Farm Centennial
- cheeses: soft goat cheeses, young soft cheese like a fromage blanc, greek style yogurt spiced with honey and orange water, or with cinnamon and black pepper, camembert
Vermont Creamery chèvre, semi-aged Crottina from Blue Ledge Farm, Spoonwood Cabin Creamery fromage blanc, Von Trapp Farmstead Drunk Alice
- fruits & nuts: citrus or apricot preserves, spiced stone fruit jams, dates, pistachios and almonds
Sidehill Farm apricot orange marmalade and spiced peach jams, Blake Hill Preserves Moroccan plum and fennel chutney
- cured meats: salami/salumi
Vermont Smoke & Cure Uncured Summer Sausage, Von Trapp Saucisson Sec & Savage Salami
- spirits: African chenin blancs, red zinfandel or syrah, Vermont meads, rich pear ciders, saisons, herby gins
Putney Mountain Winery‘s Simply Ginger liqueur, Whetstone Ciderworks Perry, Honest Weight Artisan Beer‘s Grisette, Stonecutter Spirits Single Barrel Gin
Our pâté chocolats are sliceable when served cool, or spreadable when they reach room temperature. Spread on toasts, thinly sliced baguette, water crackers, cookies, or other biscuits. Place a thick slice on warm toasted bread, pancakes, french toast and waffles for a divine, melty treat!
To serve as individual desserts, float a couple of thick slices on a pool of berry coulis, a sweetened red wine reduction or créme anglaise, and serve with fresh fruits and unsweetened freshly whipped cream.
- cheeses: soft goat cheeses, fresh whipped cream, heavy cream whipped with honey, tomme, tomme de chèvre
Vermont Creamery chévre, whipped Butterworks Farm heavy cream, Parish Hill Creamery Hermit
- fruits & nuts: summer berries like strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and red cherries, cranberry preserves, hazelnuts, almonds
- spirits: port, sherry, sparkling wines like champagne, cava, prosecco, fruit wines, fruity rosés, lambrusco, lambics, sour belgian beers
Whetstone Ciderworks Methode Champenoise, Hermit Thrush Brewery‘s Rowdy Monk, Boyden Valley Winery Vermont Ice Red, Putney Mountain Winery‘s Cassis & fruit wines
- pro tip: make a delicious VT Royale with your choice of sparkling wine & a splash of Putney Winery’s Cassis or a Grande Hibiscus Royale with sparkling wine & Runamok Maple‘s Hibiscus Infused Maple Syrup.
- cheeses: créme fraîche, fresh whipped cream, heavy cream whipped with a splash of maple bourbon, alpine cheeses
Vermont Creamery créme fraîche, whipped Butterworks Farm heavy cream, Grafton Village Cheese Bear Hill, Parish Hill Creamery Suffolk Punch
- fruits & nuts: dried apricots, figs, plums, marrons glacées and roasted nuts, chestnuts, pears, cherries
- spirits: bourbon, stouts, porters, pommeau, coffee liqueur, coffee drinks
Putney Mountain Winery‘s Pommeau, Honest Weight Artisan Beer‘s Tom Swamp Road, Saxtons River Distillery‘s Sapling Maple Bourbon
- pro tip: make a hearty Vermont Coffee with strong brewed local beans, Saxtons River Distillery’s Sapling Maple Bourbon and a shot of creamline milk or a dollop of maple-sweetened whipped cream
- cheeses: blue cheese, gorgonzola, roquefort, danablu, cabrales, blue stilton
Jasper Hill Farm Bayley Hazen Blue, Parish hill Creamery West West Blue
- fruits & nuts: crisp, tart apples, figs, pecans
- spirits: port, sherry, sauternes, Pouilly-Fuissé, sweet & off-dry rieslings, hard apple ciders, Imperial Stout, Chocolate Stout, American IPAs
Whetstone Ciderworks Queen, Barnyard Blend
available only in the spring & summertime
- cheeses: fromage blanc, fresh whipped cream, heavy cream whipped with a splash of bourbon & maple syrup, cave-aged sheep cheese
Spoonwood Cabin Creamery fromage blanc, whipped Butterworks Farm heavy cream, Grafton Village Cheese Shepsog
- fruits & nuts: dried & fresh cherries, plums, red & green grapes, husk cherries, pears, hazelnuts
- spirits: chianti/sangiovese, zinfandel, primitivo, ice wines & ciders, riesling, sparkling wines, port, sherry, madeira, wheat beer, scotch whiskey
Fiddlehead Brewing Witbier & Hef-You, Eden Specialty Ciders ice ciders, La Garagista Bouleverser Cidre Mousseux & Cybele Champagne-method sparkling white, Stonecutter Spirits Heritage Cask Whiskey
Chocolate Bar Pairings
Chocolate Bar Serving Suggestions
- Try our chocolate bars on a s’more with a housemade flavored marshmallow for a delicious gourmet spin on a classic.
- Break up a bar and serve on top of your favorite ice cream. Explore different flavor combinations!
- Toast a bar on a baguette and sprinkle with a pinch of coarse sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Heavenly.
- Chop up a bar and substitute for chocolate chips in your favorite cookie recipe for a flavorful twist.
- Serve a variety of bars with nuts, fruits and cheeses. Check out our drink and food pairing suggestions below!
Chocolate Bar and Wine & Spirits pairing
- Dark chocolates pair wildly with port, madeira, sherry, cassis, fruit wines, and sparkling wines like champagne, cava and prosecco, as well as full-bodied red wines
- White chocolate is splendid with ice wine, hard apple ciders and sparkling rosés
- Milk chocolate is heavenly with moscato/muscat, riesling and crisp sparkling wines
Try these pairings:
- Fireside Bar Frangelico, stout, chocolate stout, Putney Mountain Winery’s Pommeau
- Roasters Bar Saxtons River Distillery’s maple bourbon, Stonecutter Spirits heritage cask whiskey, coffee+whiskey drinks
- Midsummer Night Bar bourbon, a Manhattan
- Botanical Bar Lillet, champagne, Caledonia Spirits Tom Cat Gin
- Blue Lemon Bar cabernet, Stonecutter Single Barrel gin & tonic, Putney Winery’s Simply Blueberry wine & Simply Ginger Liqueur
- Maple Nugget Bar maple bourbon, Putney Mountain Winery’s Apple Maple wine, hard apple cider
- Rouge Bar port, sherry, madeira, cassis, Putney Winery’s Rhubarb Blush wine & Vermont Cassis
- Summer Berry Eden Ice Ciders, Putney Winery’s Cassis in a Kir Royale
Rouge raspberry, pink peppercorn, hibiscus & dark chocolate bar
- Cheese: Smoked Chili Cheddar
- Beer: fruit lambic, pilsner, belgian style
- Wine: sparkling rosé, port, fruity cabernet
- Accoutrements: fresh berries
Nibby Milk dark milk chocolate, cacao nibs, black lava salt
- Cheese: Truffle Cheddar
- Beer: brown ale, saison, oatmeal stout
- Accoutrements: mixed roasted nuts
Roasters dark chocolate, locally roasted coffee bean, hazelnut & sea salt bar
- Cheese: Maple Smoked Cheddar
- Beer: stout or porter
- Beverages: coffee & espresso drinks, coffee liqueur
- Accoutrements: hazelnuts, dried fruits like figs, apricots
Blue Lemon dark chocolate, dried blueberry & house-candied lemon bar
- Cheese: 2 Year Aged Cheddar
- Beer: IPA, Sour beer, hard cider
- Wine: port, madeira, sherry
- Accoutrements: fresh blueberries, almonds
To delve even deeper, check out our blog for chocolate recipes both sweet and savory!