We take great pride in what we do and put a lot of hard work into making our confections, so it is our utmost desire to get our chocolates to you in as perfect condition as possible!
PLEASE NOTE: Shipping policies are subject to change during holiday seasons and the COVID-19 pandemic.
USPS and other shipping services are currently experiencing delays & not guaranteeing delivery times.
We are packing everything for a potentially long journey since we can not control how and where the delays may be happening though we hope it will not be necessary.
Tavernier Chocolates is not responsible for delayed shipments that may result in damage of the product.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
General Shipping Policies & Info
We ship our chocolates soon after we make them so you will receive them at their freshest! We ship out packages on Mondays through Wednesdays so they don’t get held up in a mail storage facility over weekends. You will receive an email notification and a tracking number when your chocolates have shipped.
Many of our chocolates are made to order, so please expect that there will be a few days from ordering before we ship. If you would like to receive your chocolates on a certain date, please type that date in the “Order notes” box at checkout, and we will try to ship your chocolates as close to that date as possible.
If you’re shipping chocolates to someone else, select “Ship to a different address” at checkout.
If your order is a gift, leave a short (25 words or less) message in the “Order notes” box at checkout that we will happily inscribe on an enclosed gift tag in our best handwriting!
Locals who want to preorder and pick up chocolates, if you live in the Brattleboro Vermont area select “Local Pickup” in the cart at checkout. Let us know when you’d like to pick them up in the “Order notes.”
All orders are packed in boxes with recycled and/or recyclable materials and shipped via USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail.
Our shipping policies are as follows:
We do everything we can to ensure that your chocolates arrive quickly and safely to their destination:
- Shipping fees are calculated at checkout by the dimensions of the chocolates ordered as per USPS current pricing:
- Small Flat $9.45
- Medium Flat $16.10
- Large Flat $21.50
- Most Shipments take 2-3 days to reach their destination
- Charcuterie & chocolates shipped during the summer months are packed with an ice pack as well (please re-use!). If the ice pack arrives melted don’t worry, that’s normal. As long as the chocolates are not melted and the charcuterie is cool to the touch they are ok!
- We reserve the right to delay shipping if temperatures in the shipping origin or destination are over 85ºF
- We provide tracking information for packages upon shipment; someone must be present to receive the package upon delivery (this ensures that packages are not left in the sun, in warm porches/decks/mailboxes, etc., or where animals and pets can reach them)
- Tavernier Chocolates is not responsible for any damage or loss to packages or product during shipment or upon delivery
- Return Policy
All sales are final. However, if we accidentally sent you the wrong item, or if there is a problem with the chocolates please contact us immediately and we will do whatever we can to make it right!
Allergen alert: contains soy; may contain dairy, barley malt extract, wheat, nuts, flowers, sunflower.
See individual product descriptions for list of ingredients.
Made in a facility that processes nuts, wheat, dairy & soy.
People who are allergic to nuts should not eat our chocolates.