We take great pride in what we do and put a lot of hard work into making our confections, so it is our utmost desire to get our chocolates to you in as perfect condition as possible!
Shipping info for orders placed in our online shop
We ship our chocolates soon after we make them so you will receive them at their freshest. We ship out packages on Mondays through Wednesdays so they don’t get held up in a mail storage facility over weekends. You will receive an email notification and a tracking number when your chocolates have shipped.
Many of our chocolates are made to order, so please expect that there will be a few days from ordering before we ship. If you would like to receive your chocolates on a certain date, please type that date in the Order notes box at checkout, and we will try to ship your chocolates as close to that date as possible.
If you’re shipping chocolates to someone else, select Ship to a different address at checkout.
If shipping to multiple addresses, create an account with us at checkout to be able to do so in one transaction. Shipping fees are applied to each address shipped.
Shipping fees are calculated based on the dimensions of your order and current USPS shipping rates. We do not charge extra for ice packs, shipping materials, etc.
If your order is a gift, leave a short (25 words or less) message in the Order notes box at checkout that we will happily inscribe on an enclosed photo postcard in our best handwriting.
Locals who want to preorder and pick up chocolates, if you live in the Brattleboro Vermont area select Local Pickup in the cart at checkout. Let us know when you’d like to pick them up in the Order notes. You will receive an email with instructions to our pickup table when they are ready.
All orders are packed in boxes with ice packs if necessary and recycled and/or recyclable materials and shipped via USPS Priority Mail. Shipping fees are calculated at checkout based on the current postal service rates.
We do everything we can to ensure that your chocolates arrive quickly and safely to their destination:
- Most shipments take 2-3 days to reach their destination
- Charcuterie and chocolates shipped during warm weather months are packed with an ice pack (please re-use!). If the ice pack arrives melted don’t worry, that’s normal. As long as the chocolates are not melted and the charcuterie is cool to the touch they are ok!
- We reserve the right to delay shipping if temperatures in the shipping origin or destination are over 85ºF
- We provide tracking information for packages upon shipment; someone must be present to receive the package upon delivery (this ensures that packages are not left in the sun, in warm porches/decks/mailboxes, etc., or where animals and pets can reach them)
- Tavernier Chocolates is not responsible for any damage or loss of chocolates and packages due to incorrect addresses provided by the purchaser, or upon the products’ receipt or delivery
- Return Policy: All sales are final. However, if we accidentally sent you the wrong item, or if there is a problem with the chocolates please contact us immediately and we will do whatever we can to make it right!
Holiday Shipping & Pre-Orders
We highly recommend pre-ordering your gifts for the holidays so you don’t miss out on many of our items that quickly sell out! Pre-order by November 28th to ensure we have enough time to make and ship your chocolate gifts.
•Holiday orders will begin shipping and packed for pickups the week of December 5th
•Orders placed after December 4th for shipping are not guaranteed to arrive by Christmas, although we will do our very best!
•If your order is for the holidays, check the box in the red square at checkout that says Holiday Pre-Order for December Shipping or Pickup:
•If your order is a gift, type a gift note in the Order Notes box at checkout and we will include it in the order
•If you are picking up your order, let us know when you would like to pick it up in the Order Notes box at checkout so we can have it ready and waiting for you
•Pre-orders for holiday shipping/pickup must be placed separately from regular orders for shipping/pickup so we can make sure you receive your chocolates in a timely manner
•Please double and triple check your Ship To addresses when placing your order! Tavernier Chocolates is not responsible for orders shipped to incorrect addresses provided by the purchaser. We want to make sure your gifts arrive to the correct person in a timely manner in good condition!
PLEASE NOTE: Shipping policies are subject to change during holiday seasons and pandemic times.
USPS and other shipping services sometimes experience delays during high volume shipping seasons & do not guarantee delivery times.
We pack everything carefully and begin shipping holiday orders early to help ensure as best we can that your gifts arrive in time and in perfect condition.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!