2020 was a dry year in New England, and there weren’t many of our favorite mushrooms to be found. We did save a small stash for the holidays, however, and right now you can find a selection of our mushroom bonbons in our Deluxe Mountain Trail Collection and Medium Mountain Trail Collection.
And here’s to hoping that next year is a little wetter in our neck of the woods!
Our Forage Collection of smooth, creamy chocolate truffles are made from foraged mushrooms infused in Vermont dairy & other locally sourced ingredients for an umami-rich, earthy flavor experience you won’t find anywhere else. Available during the summer and fall months as long as we have a stash, each collection is a selection of the following:
- Frost Truffle: in honor of the native Brattleboro frost’s bolete mushroom, we use porcini from the Pacific Northwest & blend in locally foraged when available, pair it with The Bunker Farm bourbon barrel aged Vermont maple syrup in dark chocolate ganache, add a touch of homegrown dried rosemary, & hand-dip it in dark chocolate dusted with French mahogany cocoa powder
- Black Trumpet Truffle: earthy, peaked domes of locally foraged Black Trumpet mushrooms from Halifax Hollow in 75% dark chocolate ganache made with Vermont heavy cream & Sugar Bob’s Finest Kind smoked Vermont maple syrup, hand dipped in dark chocolate & dusted with black cocoa powder
- Chanterelle Truffle: creamy dark milk chocolate ganache made with sweet Vermont heavy cream infused with New England foraged chanterelle mushrooms from North Spore in Maine blended with crunchy toasted almonds, & dipped in dark chocolate & dusted with terra cotta cocoa powder
- Brown Butter Morel Truffle: 65% dark Ecuadorian chocolate ganache peaked dome made with Vermont heavy cream & browned Vermont butter, New England foraged morel mushrooms, dusted with natural cocoa powder
- Chaga Birch Truffle: deep, dense bittersweet dark chocolate & Vermont chaga mushroom tea ganache with locally harvested & crafted Vermont black birch syrup, dipped in dark chocolate & dusted with black cocoa powder
- Reishi Truffle: Vermont foraged hemlock reishi mushroom in 70% dark chocolate ganache with locally roasted coffee and Vermont maple syrup, dusted in terra cotta and natural cocoa powder
- Maitake Rocher: 40% dark caramelized milk chocolate from Ecuador ganache blended with locally foraged hen of the wood mushroom and maple candied crushed hazelnuts.
Our chocolate bonbons are made without preservatives and the freshest, finest ingredients, many sourced from the fields and forests of Vermont. With this in mind many are made to order, so please allow three to five business days for us to make them before we ship them out to you!